Monday, April 20, 2009

Grandma Junie's Cornflake Balls

Jeff's grandma used to always make these yummy cornflake balls.  I love anything with dry cereal in it.  These are so yummy and simple.  Here's the recipe the way grandma used to make them, and then I posted the way I make them because I am a health freak.  You can decide which one to use but I will vouch for both of them that they are equally delicious.  My kids didn't even know that I changed them up.  

Grandma Junie's 
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 6 cups cornflakes
In a microwave safe dish mix the first 4 ingredients together and microwave just until bubbly.  Pour over cornflakes and mix together.  Drop balls onto wax paper or tin foil.  Let cool and enjoy.

Melissa Recipe
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown rice syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups natural crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 6 cups organic or non-genetically modified corn flakes
Follow the same instructions.  (I am not a big fan of anything with corn in it - especially corn syrup.  And I only eat natural peanut butter - the Skippy stuff is made with partially hydrogenated oil - not good for you).

No comments:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS