Thursday, February 14, 2008

Into The Belly of The Beast!

So on Wednesday I had my cake class and we were working with fondant.  I put together my first fondant cake.  It turned out pretty cute right?
I was so proud of it, so I left it on my kitchen counter for all to see.  BIG MISTAKE!
This is what Rusty was doing when I ran out the door for just a second.   He's a sly devil, and knew that eventually I would be out of sight and he could make his move.  Well he did.
He ate 99% of that pretty cake in a matter of 5 seconds flat.  Apparently he doesn't like fondant and left that alone.  That night he had the worst belly ache and he moaned and moaned.  I refused to feel sorry for him and even made him skip his dinner.  Bad doggy!!!!!  Very very BAD DOGGY!!!!!!

10 comments:

Cherstin said...

That is one funny dog. He's like a toddler, a very very bad toddler. He looks so sick in the picture. I love your dog stories. And it's good you got some pictures of the cake before he got to it. The cake was beautiful!!! you have a gift!

Laurel said...

Aaaaaaaaaaa! Naughty dog!!! I would have killed him. That cake was too cute to be eaten by a four legged creature. Lil' stinker!

Megan said...

What is the trick to getting the fondant to stick? I know dipidee used to use a coconut oil but people didn't like the taste so they switched to vodka. Apparently it is tasteless.

Abby said...

First, I think I would have killed the dog! Your cake was beautiful! Esp. for your first time. You're very talented. Also, I told Scott that you were going to the game last night (to make him a little jealose.... he was envying you!) Anyway, while watching the game he thought he saw you (was Jeff wearing a white shirt??). Now your famous. lol

Summer said...

That cake is so pretty! You are so talented! I would have kicked my dog's butt if he would have done that. All that hard work and then him being sick on top of it. What a silly boy! Those dogs - they are just as much work as those kiddies!

Shari Goodman said...

Do you want Mike to take Rusty out? Just say the word.

Britany said...

That dog!! I can't believe he ruined such a masterpiece!!

Karol Peake said...

Melissa,

You are amazing!!! I only wish that I could make anything half that pretty! -Karol

Jenson Family said...

I just LOVE the Rusty stories! That is awful he ate your cake though! But he is such an entertaining dog to blog about!

Kyle said...

Hi Melissa...your cake is so cute. You did a really good job. Too bad you didn't get to try it! :)
Kyle

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS