Monday, October 1, 2007

The Best Ever

I thought I would start off the week with my all time favorite "Fruit Salad" recipe. I laugh when I say fruit salad, because this is like dessert.

The next time you have people over, or have to bring a "salad" promise me you will try this!

Fruit & Cookie Salad

2 small packages instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups buttermilk
16 oz. coolwhip
3 cans Mandarin oranges (chilled)
2 regular cans pineapple tidbits (chilled)
1 pkg Fudge Stripe cookies crushed in your hands (this is the key ingredient)
Strawberries (optional)

In a bowl, mix buttermilk and pudding together. Add Coolwhip, fruit, and crushed cookies. Garnish with Strawberries. I put this in a trifle dish and put a layer of strawberries in the middle and on top - very yummy looking. Also, I drain the fruit before I add it, but I leave a little in the can.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I am glad to see that you can use the word salad loosely. That makes me happy today.

I need to see a post about the birthday party. Did it go well?

And wait til you see my post today. It's a barnburner. Oops! I need to start have less opinions.

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS