Monday, September 24, 2007

Oh So Good!


I finally made this cake recipe my cousin Alice blogged about. It was Oh So Good!
I thought I would pass it on.

Applesauce Spice Cake

2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. butter, soft
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. applesauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Cream butter and sugar, then beat in eggs and applesauce. Stir in dry ingredients. Bake in greased 9 x 13" cake pan for about 45 minutes. (I've never done so, but I'm sure you could bake this in 2 rounds, though you would need to adjust the baking time.) Frost with "Grandma Frosting." (see recipe below)

Grandma Frosting
2 c. powdered sugar
6 T. butter, soft
1 (scant) T. flour
1 egg white
2 T. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. lemon extract

Beat until fluffy. Adjust milk and sugar to reach the desired consistently. (It shouldn't be too stiff.)

3 comments:

Summer said...

This looks DELICIOUS! I just know if I made it I would find a way to mess it up! So the next time you make it save me a piece...LOL!

Laurel said...

Does making Grandma Frosting make me seem old? Can I call it Grandma's Frosting just to make me feel better? You know I'm crazy about your recipes. I'm putting this one in the books.

elizabeth said...

I am love this cake so much I could marry it. But I'm a spice cake kind of girl.

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS